This Episode we discuss, "Briar Rose"
When Echo, Sierra, Victor, Mike, and November wake up with most of their original personalities intact, Echo attempts to escape from the Dollhouse with her fellow actives.
- Story of this episode: Adelle DeWitt realizes that her house is out of balance and is fighting against a rising tide she has a meeting with the senior staff to come up with a plan to fix the problem with the actives. The Doctor's solution: pick the high priority cases and let them resolve their problems. The tide is the actives emotions thus letting the tide out and allowing them to go back to normal. When they resolve their emotional issues a sedative is released into their system and they would lay down like normal.
- Dollhouse is upgrading their security systems
- get to meet the original people for 5 of the dolls from before they were dolls:
- Dolls sleep cycles: I think the dolls sleep on different cycles
- Caroline goes right back in and right for the chair and Topher
- According to Adelle: all dolls volunteered to join the dollhouse for their resons:
- Paul Ballard puts some clues together:
- Paul’s dream: “I need you to finish what you started”, his guilt of the possibility of letting Caroline die, sees the inconsistency of the events with Melanie
- Finds the super spying tech and gets some help on how to find it and block it.
- the man on the inside:
- Adelle DeWitt
- Mr Dominic
- Dr. Claire Saunders
- The Mind and what it can recall: can she recall stuff
- What about the morality of using the Dollhouse for a perfect fault divorce.
- Caroline leaving a message for Ballard…
- Adelle DeWitt: “This house is out of balance”
- Mr. Dominic: “if your child speaks for the first time then you are proud. If your pet speaks then you freak the hell out.